Monday, February 5, 2018

Update 2/5

Hi kindergarten families,

You may have noticed I have been giving you the schedule from Monday - Monday.  I will be sending out my weekly updates on Monday from now on.  I know that Sunday evening emails may get lost in the shuffle of the many emails in your box, and I hope to spend my Sunday evenings dedicated to my family, so I am changing them to Mondays!

Highlights for this week:

Sight words: are, there, said
Phonics: digraphs wh, ch, th, sh, and CVC words

Literacy Essential Question: How do things change as they grow? In our workshop time in the afternoon, we will also be studying Tacky the Penguin books and responding on Seesaw.  We will be noticing how the author Helen Lester writes, and using her as a mentor for our future writing.

Writing: We will be working on adding details to our drawings and writing.  We are working on writing 1 or more fabulous sentences with an uppercase letter to start, spaces between our words, and an end mark.

Math: Identifying groups of five and how they help us count larger numbers, breaking apart numbers for addition and subtraction, review teen numbers.  Next week will be our unit test!

Specials:
Monday: Art
Tuesday: Art
Wednesday: Enrichment
Thursday: PE
Friday: PE
Monday: Enrichment

Homework:
IPads will be sent home tonight, Monday to charge fully!  They will also be sent home on Wednesday evening to charge with reading homework.  Please continue to work on 100 day projects and valentines.  I sent out an email last night with details regarding both days.  Please make sure you have read it! 

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment